Thursday, October 25, 2007

Cars (not the movie)

So today my wife and I had fairly un-enjoyable events with our vehicles.

Megan's car would not start this morning. So I got the wake up nudge this morning and had to throw on clothes and sandals to drive her to work (you all know that half daze that you do things like brush your teeth or use the toliet in the morning, imagine me like that while driving). I then attemped to call AAA for my wife this morning to tow the car to the shop, but because I am married to, but not legally Megan McDermott, I could not request a tow.

When Megan called AAA back around 3:30 this afternoon to tow her car , we assumed it would take a solid 1-2 hour for them to arrive. When Megan got the call 5 minutes later that the tow truck driver was outside waiting for us when we both were still at work, I again jumped in my car and sped to pick her up at work.

To speed up the process I asked Megan to meet me on the side of the road outside of her job. Not realizing that by doing this it would look like I was picking up a "lady of the night" on Fruitville Pike. But back to the main plot line.

We got a 3rd call from the tow truck driver saying that he could not wait any longer, it was then that I begged him to wait 4 more minutes and we would be there. 8 minutes later we arrived. We both jumped out of our car to apologize to the driver and beg him not to drop off our car in the Susquehanna River.

It was at this point I realized I locked my keys in the car we just arrived in. I though, no problem because Megan has her keys! To my surprise they too were locked in the same car with the radio and lights on. While I did not have the courage to ask the tow truck driver who waited 35 minutes for us outside of our house for a slim jim, I did remember that my new car came with Roadside Assistance. (P.S. Jesus - Thank you!)

30 minutes later I was able to stand and watch as the locksmith inflated some bag between the passenger door and the door jam.

Needless to say it was an eventful day.

It is time to veg with my wife as we enjoy our favorite 2 hours on TV. My Name is Earl, 30 Rock, The Office and Scrubs.

McDizzle
OUT

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You do realize that the tow truck driver would have been able to do that for you, probably as a service of your AAA.

Sean McDermott said...

Yes, but I did not want to ask him to do something that would keep him there any longer. He was not very happy with us.